Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sleeping in a Big Bed

At the risk of jinxing a good thing I have to say that Jayce has officially slept in his twin bed for three nights now. A little over a month ago we had set up the twin bed and he slept in it for half a night before joining me in my bed. After that night a bad habit of joining mommy in bed started. I usually go to bed around 11:00 and get a couple hours of sleep before Jayce is up and moving into bed with me. On Thursday night of this past week I was at Bible study and when I came home I had a note that Jayce was in his big bed voluntarily. He managed to sleep all night - till 5:30 in the bed. The next night he did the same thing only sleeping until 6:30. Now we are at it again with him in his bed sleeping soundly. This is exciting for me simply because I am now getting a full nights sleep without waking up every two hours to a kid kicking me in the stomach or someone falling off the bed. We have both received a good nights sleep these last several nights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for sleeping through the night! Don't you feel like a new woman when you finally get some good sleep after a run of not getting any!? Jayce is really growing up fast! :)

Unknown said...

Hooray for Jayce...and for you, too! Sleep is here! :)