Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So Thankful

So many of you have been praying and the easiest way to share the wonderful news is to simply write a note.

About three months ago I applied for a job at Commerce Bank and heard nothing for a long time. However, I knew one of the ladies who worked there and she continued to tell me not to give up my hopes but just wait. A month later I finally got a call for the interview and had a two and a half hour interview with Commerce. Again, the wait began. Three weeks after the interview I finally got a call from the Downtown division of HR for the interview.

I went downtown had an interview with HR and then took the teller test. I was told that I would get a call within a week. A week later and I had not received a call, so I called them. They asked me to immediately go and take the drug test which meant another three business days of waiting. I took the drug test last Thursday at 5:00 - closing time. So I had to wait until today, Tuesday to hear anything.Well, this afternoon I received a phone call from my HR lady at Commerce wanting to know when I would like to start the job -PRAISE THE LORD. Orientation is only done on Wednesdays and they asked me if I wanted to start tomorrow, but I told them I needed to wait till next Wednesday simply because I needed to make sure everything was in order regarding Jayce.

It is amazing to see the Lord's timing. We found out this week that General Motors did indeed change the cut-off date for dependents insurance from 25 to 24. This gives me slightly over a year to establish a job with insurance benefits for Jayce and I. With Commerce I will start part-time for six months and then after that six months I can go full time and receive benefits.

No comments: